Context of the Role
The recent Interdisciplinary collaboration between the University of Sydney, SNAC and I-MED will build a new hybrid learning system to look deep within the brain for disease biomarkers. These biomarkers, which signify progression of the disease beyond clinical presentation, make early diagnosis and intervention possible and will change the course of MS for people diagnosed with the disease. The project will establish a unique central-federated AI learning environment, yielding algorithms that, validated in a clinical neurology environment, will set a benchmark in diagnostic MS imaging; track subclinical progression of the disease; direct therapeutic strategy; and mine untapped quantitative imaging data. The collaboration is centred on industry-led innovation within the government science and research priority of HEALTH and aligns with the Medical Technologies and Pharmaceuticals growth sector.
The University of Sydney is Australia’s premier University with an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence, and employs over 7600 permanent staff supporting over 60,000 students. The University of Sydney's Brain and Mind Centre was established in 2015 for the research and treatment of critical health issues of the 21st century – disorders of the brain and mind.
SNAC was established at the Brain Mind Centre to take advantage of unique research capacity in the field and provide a state of the art commercial facility for the quantitative analysis of MRI to the pharmaceutical and other industries since 2012. Together with a dedicated MS clinic, MS Clinical Trials Centre, and MRI unit, SNAC is co-located within the Brain & Mind Centre at the University of Sydney. SNAC offers a unique combination of in-house neuroscience, imaging science, clinical trial, neurology and radiology expertise; and specialises in building novel neuroimaging biomarkers and integrating these into Phase 2-4 clinical trials for the pharmaceutical industry.
I-MED Radiology Network is the largest provider of radiology service in Australia, providing over five million services a year to the Australian community across all states.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Manages overall project organisation and establishment.
- Manages the development and implementation of project plans to meet objectives.
- Develops and embeds project governance and reporting framework to monitor implementation, progress and delivery of the project.
- Manages project stakeholders and collaborates with project teams to ensure that project deliverables and milestones are achieved.
- Provides effective leadership and people management and coordination of project staff.
- Undertake any other duties relevant and appropriate to the position.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all project / commercial materials.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications, skills and 3 - 5 years’ experience in project management and implementation, preferably in a Neuroimaging and AI context.
- Demonstrated experience in IT or related project management, including scope, time, cost, quality, HR, communications, cost, risk and all other aspects of process development and execution.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with sound negotiating and conflict resolution skills and a demonstrated level of tact and discretion in dealing with a variety of matters.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, taking initiative and exercising sound judgement in resolving matters that may arise as part of normal daily work.
- Accuracy, attention to detail and highly organised. Planning, analysis and communication skills together with the ability to work according to strict deadlines and manage various demands.
- Experience project managing multiple work streams, or leading large complex projects and ability to work according to strict deadlines and manage various demands.
- Experience managing a diverse group of key internal/external stakeholders on large or complex project.
- Has previously worked in the higher education/tertiary sector or at a complex, multi-faceted organisation.
SNAC is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion.
Please forward your application letter and CV to email@example.com. We will be reviewing applications as we receive them however due to the volume of the applications, please be informed that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted after the closing date.
Job Type: Full-time