Context of the Role
The recent Interdisciplinary collaboration between the University of Sydney, SNAC and I-MED will deliver a platform for seamless AI integration into clinical radiology workflows; and develop neuroimaging algorithms that will set a benchmark in diagnostic imaging, drive industry automation and productivity and mine hitherto untapped quantitative imaging data to improve health outcomes. The collaboration is centred on industry-led innovation within the government science and research priority of HEALTH, and aligns with the Medical Technologies and Pharmaceuticals growth sector.
The University of Sydney is Australia’s premier University with an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence, and employs over 7600 permanent staff supporting over 60,000 students. The University of Sydney's Brain and Mind Centre was established in 2015 for the research and treatment of critical health issues of the 21st century – disorders of the brain and mind.
SNAC has been established at the Brain Mind Centre to take advantage of unique research capacity in the field and provide a state of the art commercial facility for the quantitative analysis of MRI to the pharmaceutical and other industries since 2012. Together with a dedicated MS clinic, MS Clinical Trials Centre, and MRI unit, SNAC is collocated within the Brain & Mind Centre at the University of Sydney. SNAC offers a unique combination of in-house neuroscience, imaging science, clinical trial, neurology and radiology expertise; and specialise in building novel neuroimaging biomarkers and integrating these into Phase 2-4 clinical trials for the pharmaceutical industry.
I-MED Radiology Network is the largest provider of radiology service in Australia, providing over five million services a year to the Australian community across all states.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Designs, Develops and implements AI solutions for clinical imaging practice to improve the clinical reporting accuracy and productivity.
- Liaises with project Systems Engineer to implement and deliver the AI solutions to clinicians and clinical research scientists.
- Contributes to the advancement of AI in medical imaging, including producing publications in top tier journals and conferences.
- Plans and Manages the progress of designated AI project, ensures that all deadlines are met.
- Provides regular technical and other progress reports relevant to the projects, ensure all progresses are well documented.
- Provides supports to other members in the team,
- Ensures strict confidentiality and security of all databases and related clinical trials information.
- Provides supervision to junior engineers and research students
- Undertakes ad-hoc projects and other activities as approved by the supervisor.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- PhD in computer science/electrical engineering/Applied Math etc, as well as relevant experience in Artificial Intelligence.
- Demonstrated Excellent experience in computer vision and deep learning.
- Demonstrated strong hands-on coding skills in C++, Python and other scripting languages to quickly prototype Deep/Machine Learning models on platforms such as TensorFlow/Keras/Pytorch/Theano.
- Experience with medical imaging analysis is preferred, specifically in classification, segmentation and multimodal analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with sound negotiating and conflict resolution skills and a demonstrated level of tact and discretion in dealing with a variety of matters.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, taking initiative and exercising sound judgement in resolving matters that may arise as part of normal daily work.
- Demonstrated experience in planning, analysis and communication skills together with the ability to work according to strict deadlines and manage various demands.
- Excellent administrative skills, coupled with a general understanding of the project life cycle, project documentation, project standards and methodologies.
- Previous work experience in the higher education/tertiary sector or at a complex, multi-faceted organisation.
SNAC is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion.
Please forward your application letter and CV to email@example.com. We will be reviewing applications as we receive them however due to the volume of the applications, please be informed that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted after the closing date.
Job Type: Full-time