Context of the Role
-- Provides operational support to the senior trials/project manager in the coordination, implementation and management of clinical and research trials.
The Sydney Neuroimaging Analysis Centre has been established at the BMC to take advantage of unique research capacity in the field and provide a state of the art commercial facility for the quantitative analysis of MRI to the pharmaceutical and other industries. SNAC is a central MRI reading site for Phase 2-4 clinical trials in multiple sclerosis and other therapeutic areas. SNAC provides a state of the art analysis service and implements the highest standards of professionalism, integrity and quality control. Commitment to deadlines is integral to the ethos at SNAC.
SNAC is located within the Brain & Mind Centre at the University of Sydney. A dedicated MS clinic, MS Clinical Trials Centre, and MRI unit are collocated at the BMC.
The Project Officer works both independently and with other SNAC staff to ensure the safe and effective co-ordination, initiation, implementation and management of all SNAC research projects and clinical trials. The SNAC Project Officer will liaise with the Senior Trials Manager/Project Manager and the Director of Operations for direction and decision-making
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Assist in drafting project/trial documents and relevant materials in collaboration with team members (SOPs, ethics, governing documents, etc)
- Assist in reviewing and maintaining all clinical trial and research documentation
- Assist in maintaining data and record keeping
- Assist in co-ordinating the initiation and implementation of clinical and research trials and liaising with the clinical researchers, clinical trial/project manager and other relevant professional staff involved in trials
- Assist in producing all required electronic and hard-copy reports for sponsors/auditors/SNAC records throughout the course of each project.
- Ensure confidentiality and security of all SNAC and related clinical trials information.
- Act as additional point of contact to sites, investigators, sponsors, collaborators
- Act as clinical trials/project manager in absence of assigned senior clinical trials/project manager
- Undertake any other duties relevant and appropriate to the position.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Demonstrated at least one year experience in project/clinical trials management.
- Highly developed time management skills
- Absolute attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven ability to identify problems, make recommendations and implement appropriate solutions
- Well developed written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop relationships at various professional levels as detailed in the SNAC Customer Service Manual
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and under supervision
- Understanding of Occupational Health & Safety procedures
- Knowledge of neuroanatomy, clinical and research MRI techniques, thorough knowledge of medical terminology (neurology)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in health science, or related area
- Demonstrated experience in clinical trials
- High level information technology skills
- Knowledge of, or familiarity with Good Clinical Practice Guidelines
SNAC is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion.
We will be reviewing applications as we receive them however due to the volume of the applications, please be informed that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted after the closing date.
Job Type: Full-time