Context of the Role
SNAC is located within the Brain & Mind Centreat the University of Sydney. SNAC performs high quality research in collaboration with university researchers, students and external entities. Focussed on MRI outcomes in neurological disease, SNAC develops imaging based biomarkers that can be incorporated into clinical trials and in clinical practice.
Our small but agile team is seeking a highly skilled and enthusiastic individual to develop, implement and optimise database solutions in REDCap as required by SNAC. Close liaison with the clinical researchers, clinical trial/project manager and other relevant professional staff will be required to centralise SNAC study data from various sources, e.g. neuroimaging, clinical, neuropsychological, electrophysiology data.
The Database Manager will report to the SNAC Director of Operations, and will work closely with key staff including the Senior Project/Clinical Trial Manager and Research Director.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Develop, implement and optimise database solutions as required by SNAC.Ensure all database management meets regulatory / sponsor requirements.
- Be the go to expert for all clinical / research data queries within SNAC and external organizations with hands on knowledge and expertise.
- Liaise with the clinical researchers, clinical trial/project manager and other relevant professional staff to centralise all study data from various areas, e.g. clinical, neuroimaging, neuropsychological and others.
- Produce all required electronic and hard-copy reports for sponsors/auditors/SNAC records throughout the course of each project.
- Liaise with external collaborators to facilitate the data-sharing solutions.
- Consistent review and optimization of data structure and reporting systems.
- Ensure confidentiality and security of all SNAC databases and related clinical trials information
- Review and improve workflows on REDCap, PACS and related system integrations and implement automation wherever appropriate.
- Undertake any other duties relevant and appropriate to the position.
- Comply with Work Health and Safety legislation and operate in accordance with established Occupational Health and Safety procedures at SNAC.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Demonstrated > 2 years experience in database management.
- Bachelors degree or higher in biostatistics/bioinformatics/computer science or other relevant field
- Highly developed time management skills
- Absolute attention to detail and accuracy
- High level information technology skills
- Proven ability to identify problems, make recommendations and implement appropriate solutions
- Well developed written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop relationships at various professional levels as detailed in the SNAC Customer Service Manual
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and under supervision
- Understanding of Occupational Health & Safety procedures
- Demonstrated experience in clinical trials
- Knowledge of, or familiarity with Good Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Knowledge of medical terminology (neurology)
- Knowledge of the regulatory requirements (US, EU and AUS) for case record data entry and electronic data entry
- Knowledge of neuroanatomy, clinical and research MRI techniques, Thorough knowledge of medical terminology (neurology)
SNAC is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion.
Please forward your application letter and CV to email@example.com. We will be reviewing applications as we receive them however due to the volume of the applications, please be informed that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted after the closing date.