Context of the Role
The recent interdisciplinary collaboration between the University of Sydney, SNAC and I-MED will deliver a platform for seamless AI integration into clinical radiology workflows; and develop neuroimaging algorithms that will set a benchmark in diagnostic imaging, drive industry automation and productivity and mine hitherto untapped quantitative imaging data to improve health outcomes. The collaboration is centred on industry-led innovation within the government science and research priority of Health and aligns with the Medical Technologies and Pharmaceuticals growth sector.
SNAC was established at the Brain Mind Centre to take advantage of unique research capacity in the field and provide a state of the art commercial facility for the quantitative analysis of MRI to the pharmaceutical and other industries since 2012. Together with a dedicated MS clinic, MS Clinical Trials Centre, and MRI unit, SNAC is co-located within the Brain & Mind Centre at the University of Sydney. SNAC offers a unique combination of in-house neuroscience, imaging science, clinical trial, neurology and radiology expertise; and specialises in building novel neuroimaging biomarkers and integrating these into Phase 2-4 clinical trials for the pharmaceutical industry.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Specific Image Analysis Accountabilities
- Manage imaging data according to established Sydney Neuroimaging Analysis Centre SOPs
- Perform all analyses required for imaging projects – maintain data and record keeping as per relevant SOPs
- Ensure confidentiality and security of all research databases and related clinical trials information
- Supports the design of research work being undertaken in the work area.
- Assists with the design, development and documentation of suitable imaging and other research protocols.
- Provides research administrative support for the work area.
- Ensures that ethics guidelines, standards and WHS requirements are met in the work area.
- Ensures subject confidentiality requirements met.
- Undertakes appropriate research procedures in accordance with relevant ethics protocols.
- Ensures that the appropriate ethics applications are lodged in collaboration with SNAC management and/or Senior Academics at the BMC.
- Prepares and ensures timely and accurate submission of all necessary documents.
- Ensures workplace health and safety regulations and operating procedures are adhered to within the research work environment.
- Undertakes ad-hoc projects and other activities.
- Performs work activities relevant to the role’s key accountabilities as approved by the Manager
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in appropriate discipline and relevant experience in related field.
- Demonstrated experience in MRI analysis in the neuroimaging.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with sound negotiating and conflict resolution skills and a demonstrated level of tact and discretion in dealing with day to day operational matters.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, taking initiative and exercising sound judgement in resolving matters that may arise as part of normal daily work.
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to use initiative and exercise sound judgement and ability to prioritise workload during busy period。
- Experience in a research-intensive environmen.
- Working understanding of relevant aspects of the Work Health and Safety Policy and relevant legislation, including Safe Laboratory Practices, as applicable to the work environment.
- Most importantly attention to detail and sustained focus.
- Specialty knowledge and previous experience in the application of structural MRI techniques that specific to neurological diseases.
- Knowledge of and previous experience in neuroanatomy, clinical and research MRI techniques.
- SNAC is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion.
SNAC is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion.
Please forward your application letter and CV to email@example.com. We will be reviewing applications as we receive them however due to the volume of the applications, please be informed that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted after the closing date.
Job Type: Full-time